Friday, June 23, 2006

Nude Neighbors & Truth-Telling Sons

I called my friend a little while ago to tell her my Office Depot story. Her son answered the phone. Names have not been changed because he is an innocent!

"Hello?"
"Hey Stephen! How are you? What are you doing today?"
"Going to garden camp" (Sandy is Earth Mother Extraodinaire)
"Wow, that sounds fun! May I talk to your mom before you leave?"
"Well. I think I should talk to you for a while because my mom is naked."

Beat. Beat. Beat. Strangle laughter back.

"Do you want to hang up and then go to the the shower and tell her to call me when she is dressed?'
"Well, now she is naked in the bedroom."
"Oh . . . Well, do you want to just talk to me?"
"I don't know."
"Why don't you go ask her what she wants to do?"
"MOM! Kirsten is on the phone!"

Have I mentioned how grateful I am that Thad mostly babbles right now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kirsten (and Vanessa)- it's beautiful! I would totally go to you gals if it weren't a conflict of interest, you being my friends and all. Congrats on the lovely, welcoming space- I'm so glad you're settled in!