Friday, October 28, 2005

100 Things, Installment 1!

In the blogging world, as you probably know since you are reading this, it is usual and customary to make a list of 100 Things. Being one who always at least tries to fit in (though I usually am the square peg), I thought I would go ahead and throw mine into the InterWorld.

1. I was born and raised in Iowa.
2. With a few "breaks"
3. When I lived in NYC,
4. England and
5. California.
6. I lived on a 600-acre farm.
7. I grew up surrounded by grandparents,
8. aunts, uncles, cousins
9. and farm animals.
10. It was a great way to grow up.
11. My grandparents lived in the main farmhouse.
12. When my great-grandparents moved to town, we moved into their house, which was about 50 yards from my grandparents.
13. My aunt and uncle lived in a house about 50 yards in the other direction from my grandparents.
14. My grandparents saved my life in ways I still do not understand.
15. I have never felt like I belong:
16. not in any situation,
17. not in my family-of-origin,
18. not in school,
19. nor anywhere else.
20. Most people would be shocked to hear me say that.
21. I think people are thinking two things when I walk into a room:
22. "There's SoliKirsten; she is so odd." and
23. "Look at her thighs. How can she go out in public with such huge thighs??!?"
24. My thighs are bigger than average but they are not that bad.
25. So I've been told.

I've decided to do these in groupings. I like to build intrigue and suspense. So look for 26-50 in the days and weeks to come.

No comments: