Saturday, February 10, 2007

Why I Love Texas (so far)


  1. Dickey's BBQ! Pulled pork. Lean smoked Ham. Fried okra. Pecan pie. Need I say more!

  2. Genuinely friendly people! Our neighbors brought over homemade chocolate chip cookies!

  3. Huge house with fenced backyard and two-car garage--and we can still eat and put a little in savings, too. Seattle is so yesterday.

  4. SuperTarget, Home Depot, Best Buy, and two grocery stores are within five minutes in every direction. (Well, maybe 10 minutes.)

  5. Chick-Fil-A (I'm having some waffle fries for you, Shannon!)

  6. BIG sky!

  7. We're in the Central Time Zone so I can watch Dave Letterman and still get a decent night's sleep! (And now that we have Tivo, it just got easier!)

  8. The Southern Drawl . . . it's music to my ears!

  9. God isn't a dirty word.

  10. There are more churches than cows here . . .

Surely I will find a church that loves people and has a minister who preaches soul-inspiring, intellectually challenging, well-organized sermons--Yea!



I also hear that it gets hot down here (repeated conversation: "We just moved here." "How do you like it?" "We like it a lot!" "Wait til the summer."). However, since we moved here in mid-December, we have had two ice storms and seven days of sun. In between it has been cold, cloudy and often rainy.

Maybe Seattle isn't as yesterday as I had hoped . . .

No comments: